Welcome to the Midwest Jeepthing

This website is home to the largest club of Jeep owners in the midwest. Feel free to browse the site and maybe even become a "FREE" online member so you can add your rig to our Member Rides section.

Sponsored By
Club Info Member Rides News Events Trail Guide Forums Sponsors My MWJT Logout HOME

Midwest Jeepthing Forums
Profile | Sign UP | Search | Guidelines & FAQs
Forums | General Discussion Forum | best "cheap" ar15 Post Reply Send Topic To a Friend
Topic is 2 Pages Long:    1 2 
Author Topic
Big Chief
St,Charles, MO
Online Member
Posted - 4 August 2013 9:10  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
or just buy a stainless Ruger mini 14 and not have to worry about anything ; p
chrispy
, CO
Club Member
Posted - 24 August 2013 13:54  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
heads up..

http://www.slickguns.com/product/smith-wesson-mp15-sport-556mm-nato-16-barrel-30-rnds-64999-fs

kee
Back in St Louis again... ,
Online Member
Posted - 25 August 2013 4:51  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
I was building an AR and then ran across a DPMS Oracle that was cheaper to buy complete than to finish building one myself. It was a flat top, I added flip up sites, optics, a different rail system and I've been really happy with it so far...
kz
Fenton, MO
Club Member
Posted - 29 August 2013 13:22  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
.223 ammo for sale. See non-jeep parts classifieds. KZ
chrispy
, CO
Club Member
Posted - 5 September 2013 14:36  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
http://www.slickguns.com/product/dpms-panther-oracle-556-16-57099
n0azz
Monett, MO
Online Member
Posted - 10 September 2013 14:28  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
After many years of using "tools". I have found never bet your life on a cheap one.

Remember there are "No Second Place Winners"

Fred/N0AZZ

scrambled
desloge, MO
Club Member
Posted - 11 September 2013 8:51  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Guns are like jeeps. You can't hardly find one that does everything. If you want one that will shoot 1 in groups it costs more... if you want one that you can spray heavy ammo and throw in the mud buy an AK.
My philosophy.....by one of everything :)
snap-on
Peoria, IL
Online Member
Posted - 12 September 2013 22:14  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
whats your opinion on "inexpensive" versions that do away with the dust cover and no forward assist.

features that one "must have"? or if your looking to shave $$ why not...

BulletProof
Kingwood, TX
Online Member
Posted - 13 September 2013 15:53  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
IMO, dust covers and FA are absolutely unnecessary for any normal to heavy use, unless maybe you are in a desert. I have never had to use a forward assist, and the just add weight. YMMV
chrispy
, CO
Club Member
Posted - 14 September 2013 3:35  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
what you will find is the necessity of the forward assist depends on the care you take of your weapon,and the quality of the ammo you shoot.

if you clean it religiously, and only shoot factory loaded quality ammo, you will likely never need the forward assist... very few weapons even have a forward assist other than the ar-15.

if you shoot LOTS of rounds between cleanings, OR if you shoot hand loaded rounds, or cheap Russian ammo, you may find you need the FA occasionally... and 'need' is a strong word, as many cases, you can simply kick out the 'bad' round and the next round works perfectly.

since most of us will transport the AR to the range in a vehicle, more than likely, in a case of some sort, the dust cover is unnecessary. where it comes into play is if you carry the weapon unprotected, such as slung over your shoulder or at tactical ready while marching, where dust and crap can get up in it... or if your hunting for example, and walking with the weapon for hours in a dirty environment.. OR, if its hanging unprotected in a gun rack in your truck or something. as you know, the first time you pull the trigger, it pops open, and doesnt close until you manually close it, so for operations, its also not necessary.

Forums | General Discussion Forum | best "cheap" ar15 Post Reply Send Topic To a Friend
Topic is 2 Pages Long:    1 2

Click Here To Close Thread, Administrators & Moderators Only.

Show All Forums | Post Reply