Welcome to the Midwest Jeepthing

This website is home to the largest club of Jeep owners in the midwest. Feel free to browse the site and maybe even become a "FREE" online member so you can add your rig to our Member Rides section.

Sponsored By
Club Info Member Rides News Events Trail Guide Forums Sponsors My MWJT Logout HOME

Midwest Jeepthing Forums
Profile | Sign UP | Search | Guidelines & FAQs
Forums | Jeep Parts - Want To Buy | NP231 or NP207 Transfer Case needed Post Reply Send Topic To a Friend
Topic is 2 Pages Long:    1 2 
Author Topic
Bounty Hunter

Honorary Lifetime,
Online Member
Posted - 18 August 2013 21:45  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
I'm near Waterloo IL and will be around this week.
Schnelly
Wildwood, MO
Online Member
Posted - 19 August 2013 20:2  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
Did you have a chance to check if you still have the NP231?

Thank you

Schnelly
Wildwood, MO
Online Member
Posted - 19 August 2013 21:56  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
How does Thursday around 10 / 11 sound?
I'll bring my old one. you can have it if you can use the parts and help someone down the road. Also we can make sure we have the right thing.

Thanks for the help. Let me know your phone number and I'll call you on Thursday when Im near Waterloo

Schnelly
Wildwood, MO
Online Member
Posted - 20 August 2013 18:33  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
Hi Bounty. I am going to be in Alton tomorrow doing some scale work for Doug at Riverbend scrap. Are you going to be around? If so, give me a call at (314) 574-8765 or respond to post with your phone number. Looking forward to getting this done. Thanks
Schnelly
Wildwood, MO
Online Member
Posted - 1 September 2013 18:28  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
Hey BH - Do you still have that old T Case? I need the front yoke to match up to my drive shaft...
(314) 574-8765

Thanks

Bounty Hunter

Honorary Lifetime,
Online Member
Posted - 1 September 2013 19:35  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Yes. Although it should be the same as what's on the 231.
Bounty Hunter

Honorary Lifetime,
Online Member
Posted - 3 September 2013 13:53  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Get it figured out?
Schnelly
Wildwood, MO
Online Member
Posted - 3 September 2013 14:36  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
Hi. The orginal yoke is threaded for the bolts to go into. No nuts needed. On the 231 is just straight holes. I might just be able to get longer bolts and nuts and just tighten the c clamps over the U-joint. I doubt it would make a difference. What do you think?
Bounty Hunter

Honorary Lifetime,
Online Member
Posted - 3 September 2013 20:31  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
You might have a yoke for a CV front shaft, you're best bet is to use the one from the 207.
Schnelly
Wildwood, MO
Online Member
Posted - 4 September 2013 9:48  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
I agree. Any chance you can ship the one on the orginal back to me? I'll pay for the UPS cost.

Or, we can set up a time for me to swing by. Friday might work if your going to be around....

Bounty Hunter

Honorary Lifetime,
Online Member
Posted - 4 September 2013 12:2  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Shoot me a text msg and we'll arrange it. 6187191769.
Forums | Jeep Parts - Want To Buy | NP231 or NP207 Transfer Case needed Post Reply Send Topic To a Friend
Topic is 2 Pages Long:    1 2

Click Here To Close Thread, Administrators & Moderators Only.

Show All Forums | Post Reply