Welcome to the Midwest Jeepthing

This website is home to the largest club of Jeep owners in the midwest. Feel free to browse the site and maybe even become a "FREE" online member so you can add your rig to our Member Rides section.

Sponsored By
Club Info Member Rides News Events Trail Guide Forums Sponsors My MWJT Logout HOME

Midwest Jeepthing Forums
Profile | Sign UP | Search | Guidelines & FAQs
Forums | Trail Head | Fall Colors at Washita Oct 26 Post Reply Send Topic To a Friend
Topic is 7 Pages Long:    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Author Topic
suzjeep
Bloomsdale, MO
Club Member
Posted - 26 August 2013 21:53  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
I believe this event is Jeep only. There will be open wheeling dates posted soon that are open to one and all.
Kage
, IL
Online Member
Posted - 27 August 2013 6:49  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
>I believe this event is Jeep only. There will be open wheeling dates posted soon that are open to one and all.

Can we get a little more confirmation on that one way or the other? As this doesn't make sense with some of the other comments I've heard?

I thought the goal of this run was to show the new owners that there are lots of 4wd's in the area which might behoove them to let us play if they would like to earn a little extra cash from their land.

If it's a Jeep only run I'm out for sure as the Jeep is long gone.

If this winds up being 'closed' event, please let us know when one of the 'open' dates are as there are several non-jeep folks running around that would like to get back into that park.

I do appreciate the effort MWJT has put into getting folks back into the park as it gives me some hope that I might be able to get back down there to play.

suzjeep
Bloomsdale, MO
Club Member
Posted - 27 August 2013 7:43  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Kage, I'm not sure who your source of information was but that is incorrect. Fall colors is an annual MWJT event that was planned way back in January before the park was closed. It has nothing to do with "showing" the land owner anything and it also isn't intended to exclude anyone. It just is what it is. A MWJT event that was planned way back and we are fortunate to be able to still have there. It will be a guided event with assigned wheeling groups and will be
I think there is some false rumors going around about his/our involvement in that he has a thriving business already on the property. He is allowing us back in because he felt bad about closing off the property to people who loved it. He doesn't necessarily NEED for us to be there. He originally was looking at just MWJT only wheeling but
that being said, he is willing to try Open Wheeling dates where everyone is welcome and can wheel anywhere on the property at their own leisure. We will post up the open dates as soon as we get confirmation on them all. We're looking at posting them through the spring so everyone will know ahead of time.
Thank you for your patience and sorry for any confusion.
91blaze
Troy, MO
Online Member
Posted - 27 August 2013 8:37  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
so....

If I were to join the club, could I go on this run?

twist - I want to bring a non-jeep vehicle with insurance.

suzjeep
Bloomsdale, MO
Club Member
Posted - 27 August 2013 8:45  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Our bylaws prevent anyone from being a member that does not own a jeep. I'm sorry.
and no, a Power Wheels jeep doesn't count!! (it's been tried before)
91blaze
Troy, MO
Online Member
Posted - 27 August 2013 8:58  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
didn't say I don't own a jeep

just that I'd prefer to wheel a different vehicle that fits my family better

suzjeep
Bloomsdale, MO
Club Member
Posted - 27 August 2013 9:48  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
The Fall Colors run will be Jeep only per BOD vote. The Open wheeling will be open to everyone and all are welcome!! We'd love to have you join our club.
The savings for the park as well as for our club vendors will pay for your membership in no time.
Bushwhacker
, IL
Club Member
Posted - 27 August 2013 10:2  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
If I put a Jeep grill on a RZR, can I wheel it?
suzjeep
Bloomsdale, MO
Club Member
Posted - 27 August 2013 10:6  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
If you put a Jeep grill on a Rzr can I wheel it?
Kage
, IL
Online Member
Posted - 27 August 2013 11:37  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
>Thank you for your patience and sorry for any confusion.

No problem, and thanks for the clarification.

Jersey
St Peters, MO
Club Member
Posted - 4 October 2013 6:36  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
We would really like to see this stay as a Jeep only event.
jeepr
Crestwood, MO
MWJT Webmaster
Posted - 4 October 2013 7:18  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
I'm not sure the question that was asked here about the next open wheeling day was answered, it is October 12th http://midwestjeepthing.com/Forums/topic.asp?topic_id=77803&forum_id=8&Topic_Title=Washita+Open+Wheeling-October+12&forum_title=Trail+Head&replies=10&M=1&S=1
suzjeep
Bloomsdale, MO
Club Member
Posted - 4 October 2013 8:51  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
This is a Jeep only event due to it being a guided trail event.

Please come to our open wheeling weekends. The upcoming open wheeling weekends are:
October 12
November 30 (Thanksgiving weekend)
December 14
January 1

loadbreak
High Ridge, MO
MWJT Vendor Relations
Posted - 4 October 2013 12:28  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Correct, Jeep only event.
Chewy
Imperial, MO
Club Member
Posted - 6 October 2013 20:5  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Suz...I have the rear diff cover on now, so I think I am in...I want to go up Bald Knob...I'll have to use help I guess. ;)
Forums | Trail Head | Fall Colors at Washita Oct 26 Post Reply Send Topic To a Friend
Topic is 7 Pages Long:    1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Click Here To Close Thread, Administrators & Moderators Only.

Show All Forums | Post Reply