Welcome to the Midwest Jeepthing

This website is home to the largest club of Jeep owners in the midwest. Feel free to browse the site and maybe even become a "FREE" online member so you can add your rig to our Member Rides section.

Sponsored By
Club Info Member Rides News Events Trail Guide Forums Sponsors My MWJT Logout HOME

Midwest Jeepthing Forums
Profile | Sign UP | Search | Guidelines & FAQs
Forums | Trail Head | Pop up Run after Thanksgiving- Superlift Post Reply Send Topic To a Friend
Topic is 3 Pages Long:    1 2 3 
Author Topic
Area-51
Grinnell, IA
Online Member
Posted - 25 September 2013 11:16  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
Where is everyone staying? And is the plan wheel on Friday and Saturday?

Not sure I can make this work yet, but would really like to.

It is around a 11 to 12 hour drive for me, so really would have to make it a couple days of wheeling to make it worth the drive.

Stalker

In a Jeep
Down by the River, IL
MWJT President
Posted - 25 September 2013 22:5  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Yes on Friday and Saturday.

Some people are staying at the cabins at the park.

If you want to roll the dice on a cheap deal, there is a Roadway Inn that isn't open right now, but it looks like it's changing over from what was the Travelier inn. It got terrible reviews as the Travelier, but it's closed right now so they may be renovating it with a change of ownership.
Advance purchase (non refundable) rate is $47.96/night right now.
(AAA rate is $53/night and is refundable.) This includes an allegedly edible breakfast. Trailer parking may be an issue here.
http://www.rodewayinn.com/hotel-hot_springs-arkansas-AR238?sid=xMP_W.dIw11gQwog.50

Comfort Inns and Comfort Suites are usually decent and they're starting at $69/night, they're a bit farther away, but by restaurants. Trailer parking looks good at either of these on the satellite view.

The Clarion by the lake is $66.46/night and I know trailer parking is good there. I've stayed there and parked a jetski trailer there while playing in the lake last summer. It is a little farther than the others and there aren't really many restaurants nearby. But, there IS a sports bar/restaurant in the hotel which can be a big plus, and a McDonalds is next door.

Personally, I'm leaning toward the Comfort Inn or the Comfort Suites, but the bar in the Clarion might come in handy if we're all staying in that hotel.

Lil Toe
Labadie, MO
Club Member
Posted - 26 September 2013 7:22  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Stalker - Glad you saw that on the Rodeway, I was debating that one or the Comfort Inn in Malvern. It's right on I30 and might be easier to roll into late Thurs night and leave out of Sunday morning. Let me know what you decide, we may stay in Hot Springs after all then.

safetyguy
Fairview Heights, IL
Online Member
Posted - 26 September 2013 8:35  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Ive stayed at this one several times....

Always been very happy with it....lots of parking, fuel across street. Super Walmart across street and a fairly decent diner at next exit.

http://www.americasbestvalueinn.com/bestv.cfm?idp=1373

suzjeep
Bloomsdale, MO
Club Member
Posted - 26 September 2013 12:57  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
RUN AWAY from the inn, Stalker!! RUN AWAY!! I was not a happy camper the last time there.
Troy352
Bloomsdale, MO
Club Member
Posted - 26 September 2013 15:12  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
The meeting is Tuesday. Lets discuss which hotel so we can get some reservations going so we can all stay the same place.
JaneS
Chesterfield, MO
MWJT Director of Events
Posted - 26 September 2013 17:13  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
Great idea! We can have lunch at our places in the park and use the hotel as the evening rendezvous spot
Bushwhacker
, IL
Club Member
Posted - 27 September 2013 9:21  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
We'll probably be in an RV spot in the park. How far is it from the park to hotels? Could I drive the buggy?
little95-YJ
Hart of the barn. AKA Barnhart, MO
Online Member
Posted - 27 September 2013 10:18  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Hotels to the park the knights inn is about 5 miles or so. Not sure the local PD would like you driving the Juggy on the streets down there. I've seen some far from street legal vehicles driving up to that hotel in the past thought. Awesome park wish I could join you.
Lil Toe
Labadie, MO
Club Member
Posted - 27 September 2013 10:29  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
I think most of the ones we are looking at are further into town (10 miles). The one in Malvern I was talking about is over on I30 and almost 20 miles away.

JaneS
Chesterfield, MO
MWJT Director of Events
Posted - 27 September 2013 13:36  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
Bush, some of us will have tow rigs. You can ride with us. We will make sure you get dinner.
Stalker

In a Jeep
Down by the River, IL
MWJT President
Posted - 4 November 2013 22:37  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
A few of us are staying at the Clarion by the Lake in Hot Springs.
It has a sports bar/restaurant attached to the lobby.
Lil Toe
Labadie, MO
Club Member
Posted - 26 November 2013 8:8  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Ok, does anyone know if Superlift has a cantina on site? Just trying to figure out if we have to pack a lunch or not. Or is there something within 5 minutes of the gate?

bassman jeff
st. peters, MO
Club Member
Posted - 26 November 2013 8:59  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Don't remember seeing one
Mr Moke
St Peters, MO
MWJT Director of Events
Posted - 26 November 2013 11:43  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Chris, you really need to get on facebook.

Jane has made chili for Friday lunch and beef stew for Saturday lunch. So, in a matter of speaking, yes.

Forums | Trail Head | Pop up Run after Thanksgiving- Superlift Post Reply Send Topic To a Friend
Topic is 3 Pages Long:    1 2 3

Click Here To Close Thread, Administrators & Moderators Only.

Show All Forums | Post Reply