Welcome to the Midwest Jeepthing

This website is home to the largest club of Jeep owners in the midwest. Feel free to browse the site and maybe even become a "FREE" online member so you can add your rig to our Member Rides section.

Sponsored By
Club Info Member Rides News Events Trail Guide Forums Sponsors My MWJT Logout HOME

Midwest Jeepthing Forums
Profile | Sign UP | Search | Guidelines & FAQs
Forums | General Discussion Forum | New (ahem) Renegade for 2015 Post Reply Send Topic To a Friend
Topic is 2 Pages Long:    1 2 
Author Topic
xj6in
Where hi-cap mags are legal and pot is not!!!, MO
Online Member
Posted - 12 March 2014 13:55  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Introducing the new 'Pacer',. Just wait until you see the 'Gremblin'.... Who wouldn't like the body lines on the 2015 'Matidor'... 'EAGLE' show you true colors! Who wants to be seen cruising the streets in the new AWD 'Turd'... I guess they still have the 'chief' name they haven't pimped out yet... They must be holding that one for something REAL special... Maybe a "glowlight" interior limination system only sold in select states...
chrispy
, CO
Club Member
Posted - 12 March 2014 14:12  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Do you mean the 'Gremlin' and 'Matador', Dave.. sorry, your spelling is so bad its hard to gather your meaning..

Fiat isnt claiming the 'renegade' is an off road vehicle, although they are producing a trailhawk version.. its a crossover SUV.. but one with more character and a bit more 'edge' to it than others in its segment... and since the crossover segment is huge right now, both in the US and globally, it makes sense for Jeep to have a vehicle in that class...

but since you brought it up.. what other rebadging possibility's could there be from the fiat stable?

i could see a rebadged alfa giulietta in the future, much like the dodge dart...

lets call it the 'gremlin'

lets not forget the AMC javelin or AMX...id bet the 4C would fit the bill nicely..

although i heard a rumor this was already coming to the states.. hmm

for the matador, who wouldn't want to see another rebadged 'fiat'?

after all, they advertised during the Superbowl, right?

as to the 'eagle' line, i realize Subaru aren't that popular back there in STL, but out here, 1 in 3 vehicles is a Subaru. if Jeep could come up with a 'car' line that was as reliable as a Subaru, and was priced competitively, they would do well...

oh wait.. fiat has one..

as to the "Chief" name, they already ruined that...by turning this:

into this silly little abortion

Edited by - chrispy on 3/12/2014 2:28:11 PM

chrispy
, CO
Club Member
Posted - 12 March 2014 14:47  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
while we are at it... Jeep is considering an even smaller rig, to compete globally with the ford ecosport and VW polo based Crossover

the ford ecosport:

http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/.EcNQH_NerhnwTLX90imxQ--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://l.yimg.com/os/156/2013/05/15/ecosport2-jpg_172839.jpg

is about 2 feet smaller than the Renegade

and similar in size to the (polo)

Farfromrootin
Troy, IL
Online Member
Posted - 12 March 2014 19:7  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
I thought Sitting Bull was the great Cherokee chief.

But I guess someone will google-me-wrong.

chrispy
, CO
Club Member
Posted - 12 March 2014 19:44  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
cute, but anyone who loves America would know that Sitting Bull was Sioux.. or a sub tribe there of.. Lakota maybe? No Google necessary, common knowledge...
MarkR
Clarksville, TN
Online Member
Posted - 14 March 2014 8:38  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Good read for the morning !!
Isn't the new Cherokee is competition for Subaru ,
chrispy
, CO
Club Member
Posted - 14 March 2014 9:36  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
its competition for any 'crossover SUV', subaru included, however, id suspect that its form factor will limit cross shopping. subaru folks typically want the lower roofline, and more 'car like' look and feel, but still want AWD.

we will see when they announce price points, but i suspect they are going after vehicles such as the CRV, Kia Soul, scion xb / xd , nissan rogue, etc.. basically the larger hatchbacks on the market.

chrispy
, CO
Club Member
Posted - 27 March 2014 16:19  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
haha, crybabies... enjoy this one..

For many Jeep faithful, the Renegade was the straw that broke the camel’s back when it came to Fiat’s acquisition of Chrysler. After all, a Fiat Panda based soft-roader isn’t something that sits well with many hardcore Jeep enthusiasts.

But we think the Renegade deserves a chance. And we think Jeep, as a whole, is a brand that’s really moving forward and revolutionizing the 4×4 and off-road industry.

Of course, for many, a Jeep hatchback would be even more sacrilegious than the lowly Renegade. But think of the potential possibilities…

Jeep Hatchback

Hot Hatch Performance

Like the Fiat Punto cousin, on which it could be based, the Jeep hatchback would likely come with a turbocharged 2.0-liter 4-cylinder engine, and somewhere in the market of 280 horsepower.

Rally Rated

When we think about Jeeps, we think about the Rubicon Trail, and all that the Trail Rated badge stands for. Naturally, a four-wheel-drive hatchback wouldn’t be able to conquer Rubicon, but it would be able to conquer any rally stage on the planet.

With a low center of gravity and the aforementioned four-wheel-drive system, this little Jeep could make a run in the GRC, WRC, or any off-road racing series.

Keeping many cues from its Punto cousin, the Jeep hatchback would feature a signature grille, five-spoke wheels, and enough illumination light up the side of a mountain during those late night rally events.

Overall, the sleek three-door appearance and high-performance engine would likely appeal to fans in the market for a Golf R, or any other high-performance hot hatch.

With that in mind, this little Jeep runabout does not seem so far fetched. It’s durable, it comes with four-wheel-drive, and it looks good. A sub-Renegade Jeep may not be all that crazy after all.

Edited by - chrispy on 3/27/2014 4:20:19 PM

xj6in
Where hi-cap mags are legal and pot is not!!!, MO
Online Member
Posted - 27 March 2014 21:12  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
That's pretty sharp, put some back doors on it (5door) and they might get some interested souls.. maybe name it the "Honcho"..
JN JEEP 2
Centralia, IL
Club Member
Posted - 28 March 2014 7:1  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
I would drive that red one.
Farfromrootin
Troy, IL
Online Member
Posted - 29 March 2014 19:32  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
It reminds me of a hatchback version of the new Dart.
marvin
Fenton, MO
Club Member
Posted - 30 March 2014 10:50  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
I think it looks more like a VW Rabbit/Golf/whatever they are calling them now days.
Farfromrootin
Troy, IL
Online Member
Posted - 30 March 2014 12:12  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
I think someone took the front-end of the Dart, the back of something else, through it into a computer program and produced this design. Probably like most concepts, it may never be built.
Forums | General Discussion Forum | New (ahem) Renegade for 2015 Post Reply Send Topic To a Friend
Topic is 2 Pages Long:    1 2

Click Here To Close Thread, Administrators & Moderators Only.

Show All Forums | Post Reply