Welcome to the Midwest Jeepthing

This website is home to the largest club of Jeep owners in the midwest. Feel free to browse the site and maybe even become a "FREE" online member so you can add your rig to our Member Rides section.

Sponsored By
Club Info Member Rides News Events Trail Guide Forums Sponsors My MWJT Logout HOME

Midwest Jeepthing Forums
Profile | Sign UP | Search | Guidelines & FAQs
Forums | Projects | TJ 5.2 Dodge Magnum SWAP Post Reply Send Topic To a Friend
Topic is 3 Pages Long:    1 2 3 
Author Topic
radar
Webster Groves, MO
Online Member
Posted - 28 September 2013 5:38  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Project is basically finished. Afton muffler did a good job for about 260. I installed a Ford Taurus Fan. I purchased a ford Taurus fan/shroud and a volvo fan with the relay pack. I swap the volvo fan into the ford fan shroud, added some brackets along the outside edge and it bolted right up. I went to the junkyard and pulled a jeep Cherokee fuse box, and pull a bunch of the wiring out of it. I opened up my fuse box and added the Cherokee wiring, fuses, and a relay to drive the fan. I purchased a 1.5 in diameter radiator hose adapter with a 3/8 npt nut welded to it of ebay for 22 shipped. I purchased an SW505 switch and the pigtail to go with it, and hooked everything up. The fan turns on at 220. That's a little higher than I would like, but it okay for now.

I had to make a custom shifter by cutting short pieces of round metal at different angles, and welding them together. It works well, but took forever.

I am very happy with the conversion! The jeep has plenty of power!

hack
Glencoe, MO
MWJT Vice President
Posted - 5 October 2013 19:50  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
So get some suspension and tires and lets go wheelin
radar
Webster Groves, MO
Online Member
Posted - 5 October 2013 22:3  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
its got 32in tires. bigger is probably better.

my biggest problem would be finding a baby sitter for a 2 year old and a 6 day old... you know anyone :)

little95-YJ
Hart of the barn. AKA Barnhart, MO
Online Member
Posted - 6 October 2013 9:24  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Cool build I'm guessing this is still 100% street legal for mo on emissions.
radar
Webster Groves, MO
Online Member
Posted - 8 October 2013 19:46  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
it should be. the vin in the ecm doesn't match the vin of the car...that's my only concern.
hack
Glencoe, MO
MWJT Vice President
Posted - 12 October 2013 6:8  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Baybsitter, maybe mom and grandma can steer the ship during your brief absence while you "troubleshoot" your creation. It l would be a shame to take the bride out wheelin on your rigs maiden voyage an break down. Then you'd have to call your friend with a truck and soon to be trailer to haul your back to the baby land.
Forums | Projects | TJ 5.2 Dodge Magnum SWAP Post Reply Send Topic To a Friend
Topic is 3 Pages Long:    1 2 3

Click Here To Close Thread, Administrators & Moderators Only.

Show All Forums | Post Reply