Welcome to the Midwest Jeepthing

This website is home to the largest club of Jeep owners in the midwest. Feel free to browse the site and maybe even become a "FREE" online member so you can add your rig to our Member Rides section.

Sponsored By
Club Info Member Rides News Events Trail Guide Forums Sponsors My MWJT Logout HOME

Midwest Jeepthing Forums
Profile | Sign UP | Search | Guidelines & FAQs
Forums | Tow Rig Tech | Need a trailer Post Reply Send Topic To a Friend
Topic is 4 Pages Long:    1 2 3 4 
Author Topic
Bounty Hunter

Honorary Lifetime,
Online Member
Posted - 15 September 2013 11:39  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Why not pitch a tent on it? I did at Washita and was glad I did with the rain and snow that night.

That Rice is expensive but I'm sure you get what you pay for. I priced one out with Retco and will likely go that route. Still on the fence with utility v. flatbed.

n0azz
Monett, MO
Club Member
Posted - 15 September 2013 13:8  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
I've used car trailers since I started racing in 1965 and have had many different kinds. My last one here is a race car trailer purpose built for that one thing.

It is a 17 1/2' dovetail tread plate floor with ramps that you unpin the flap on the dove and pull the ramp straight out 6' and 20" wide for large tires but handle my 3" wide front tires on the race car also. This ramp/trailer design is the best I have had in the last 40 yrs. in the floor towards the front is a locking box large enough a spare, tools and all tie downs. Recessed into the floor also are 4 swiveling D-Rings to tie down with. Its setup for a winch and battery with the very front of the trailer made so a windshield/car protector in somewhat of a semi U shape. The doors on my race car even open over the fenders.

The name of the trailer is a Clipperton. It hauls my XJ very well and pulls like a dream always you can not even tell tour pulling it.

Fred

Forums | Tow Rig Tech | Need a trailer Post Reply Send Topic To a Friend
Topic is 4 Pages Long:    1 2 3 4

Click Here To Close Thread, Administrators & Moderators Only.

Show All Forums | Post Reply