Welcome to the Midwest Jeepthing

This website is home to the largest club of Jeep owners in the midwest. Feel free to browse the site and maybe even become a "FREE" online member so you can add your rig to our Member Rides section.

Sponsored By
Club Info Member Rides News Events Trail Guide Forums Sponsors My MWJT Logout HOME

Midwest Jeepthing Forums
Profile | Sign UP | Search | Guidelines & FAQs
Forums | Trail Head | Fall Colors at Washita Oct 26 Post Reply Send Topic To a Friend
Topic is 7 Pages Long:    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Author Topic
Lheise88
St. Louis , MO
Online Member
Posted - 12 October 2013 10:41  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
I seen what suz put but idk why it posted twice if thats what your reffering too. Stupid phone.
BradXJ
St. Louis, MO
Online Member
Posted - 15 October 2013 11:20  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
When did people decide club runs are Jeep only. I have never heard of that and I am one of the original founding members.
Mr Moke
St Peters, MO
MWJT Director of Events
Posted - 15 October 2013 11:44  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
BOD voted to make this one Jeep only. Its the first. Not sure if any more are planned. Maybe someone else can clarify.
jeepr
Crestwood, MO
MWJT Webmaster
Posted - 15 October 2013 23:53  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
quote:
It's the first
?

Historically, there has been a mix of Jeep only events and events open to other vehicles. This is certainly not a first. A simple example, Jeepstock has always been Jeep only. Most of the one-day events have usually been open to other vehicles (assuming they fit on the trails), but that hasn't been consistent either.

Mr Moke
St Peters, MO
MWJT Director of Events
Posted - 16 October 2013 6:25  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Jeepstock has been Jeep only? Huh. I didnt know that.

BLESSED ARE THE CRACKED FOR THEY ARE THE ONES WHO LET IN THE LIGHT!

Heisman
Manchester, MO
MWJT Director of PR
Posted - 16 October 2013 6:58  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
That suzuki had a jeep badge on the hood in 2011-2012. The big blazer this year had jeeps with him, does that count?

I'm bummed I'm going to miss yet another event at Washita.

jeepr
Crestwood, MO
MWJT Webmaster
Posted - 16 October 2013 8:51  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Well, okay then, even Jeepstock has not been consistent. But, the existence of "Jeep only" runs is certainly not new.
safetyguy
Fairview Heights, IL
Online Member
Posted - 16 October 2013 10:1  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Kind of like the two FJ Toys behind my YJ last year at the Fall Colors Run.
I understand the bylaws and have been affiliated with MWJT since 1996. It was jeep only because that is what we had. More recently in the last 5-10 years it is not unusual to see Toyota, Nissan, Chevy, ford, and Zuks on the trails. When I started with the club, it was rare to see heavily modified buggies and truggy's. Now its the norm. Some jeeps are running chevy motors, axles and electronics. If we truly are purist, lets really make it Jeep only......

Its easy to see how silly it is now that I no longer own a Jeep....., but often have to explain what I do with that "jeep thing" I'm driving....

Poor Snap-on.....we rode him hard, but the little toyota was there on many of the Jeep only trips....

BradXJ
St. Louis, MO
Online Member
Posted - 17 October 2013 14:39  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Well I would come to this run but I would rather bring my 4runner than the YJ because it is way more comfortable after my back surgery. I personally don't remember any runs that were jeep only, but thats fine. I will run with the MO4WD club. They let anyone join in runs, even Heeps(Jeeps).
kingpita
St. Louis, MO
Online Member
Posted - 18 October 2013 8:8  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
anyone meeting at 141 and 21 QT for a jeepovan on the way to fall colors???? if so what time?
Peep
Columbia, IL
Club Member
Posted - 18 October 2013 8:13  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
We will stop at the QT in Herky. Probably at 7:30ish
loadbreak
High Ridge, MO
MWJT Vendor Relations
Posted - 18 October 2013 10:45  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Probably will do the same peep.
kingpita
St. Louis, MO
Online Member
Posted - 18 October 2013 13:37  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
SEE YA IN HERKY
Peep
Columbia, IL
Club Member
Posted - 18 October 2013 14:11  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
The Wendy's there has a decent breakfast menu (for fast food anyway).
Mr Moke
St Peters, MO
MWJT Director of Events
Posted - 18 October 2013 16:0  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
We'll meet you there as well. Love their honey chicken biscuit.

BLESSED ARE THE CRACKED FOR THEY ARE THE ONES WHO LET IN THE LIGHT!

Forums | Trail Head | Fall Colors at Washita Oct 26 Post Reply Send Topic To a Friend
Topic is 7 Pages Long:    1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Click Here To Close Thread, Administrators & Moderators Only.

Show All Forums | Post Reply