Welcome to the Midwest Jeepthing

This website is home to the largest club of Jeep owners in the midwest. Feel free to browse the site and maybe even become a "FREE" online member so you can add your rig to our Member Rides section.

Sponsored By
Club Info Member Rides News Events Trail Guide Forums Sponsors My MWJT Logout HOME

Midwest Jeepthing Forums
Profile | Sign UP | Search | Guidelines & FAQs
Forums | Trail Head | Fall Colors at Washita Oct 26 Post Reply Send Topic To a Friend
Topic is 7 Pages Long:    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Author Topic
Stalker

In a Jeep
Down by the River, IL
MWJT President
Posted - 19 October 2013 13:54  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
For those who don't know or haven't done it yet, there is a great GPS smartphone app which makes following the trails like following street maps.

It should match the paper trail maps exactly, and those are here if you want to see it or even print one out ahead of time. http://www.aaronhull.com/misc/jeep/WashitaTrailMap.pdf

I've put together a tutorial on how to install and use the app here.
http://www.aaronhull.com/everytrail.html

This isn't just for Washita. SMORR Trails are on there as well as all the Trails in Moab, UT, The Rubicon Trail, and many others. It's also good for other activities such as Mountain Biking, Hiking, and even BBQ Eating.

If anyone has GPS data for Flat Nasty or other offroad parks, I'll add those as well.

Edited by - Stalker on 10/19/2013 2:12:39 PM

Jonbo
Zalma, MO
Club Member
Posted - 21 October 2013 8:19  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
I am planning to attend the Fall Colors run and I am wondering if I could pay my dues that day and still recieve the discount? Also, I was wondering if the recommended trail equipment was the same as is posted on MWJT's page? I am asking this because I have beard that there are special restrictions that are Washita only?
suzjeep
Bloomsdale, MO
Club Member
Posted - 21 October 2013 8:28  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Jonbo you can pay then. Standard MWJT equipment is fine.
Jonbo
Zalma, MO
Club Member
Posted - 21 October 2013 9:34  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Awesome! Thank you Susan for the prompt response, trail meeting @8:30am? I haven't been there since the sale, has the parking w/trailers moved?
suzjeep
Bloomsdale, MO
Club Member
Posted - 21 October 2013 9:40  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Yes there is a lot below the other lot. Is is all grass but we had no issues the last time getting everyone or safely even in downpour rain.
Stolzy14
Arnold, MO
Online Member
Posted - 21 October 2013 14:34  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Lookin' forward to this weekend! The map you have linked to shows moderate and difficult trails going up to bald knob, but the initial map I saw from this site (last one in the list of pictures) show's what looks like Harmony Church as easy instead of moderate? Anyone know which is more accurate?

http://www.landsofamerica.com/missouri/land-for-sale/1162-acres-in-Saint-Francois-County-Missouri/id/1172212

BulletProof
Kingwood, TX
Online Member
Posted - 21 October 2013 14:37  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Stolzy, the map posted above is accurate, the one you linked is outdated. There are varying levels of moderate at Washita.
stlavguy
st louis, MO
Online Member
Posted - 22 October 2013 11:42  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
I will be at the QT in Herky at 7:30 as well. hope to meet you all there.
SOS
Troy, MO
Online Member
Posted - 22 October 2013 12:20  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
sorry group, I have been a member for almost a year and will miss another ride. (I shouldn't have listened to Hack and just bought a lift kit) I will make the Nov 30th run.

Another milestone---rear is now linked

marvin
Fenton, MO
Online Member
Posted - 22 October 2013 12:30  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Was planning on making this but, unfortunately am not. Last weekend I bent my tie rod...no big deal was going to wheel anyway. But, when doing an inspection yesterday I found a small problem...right axle shaft u-joint spit a cap. Don't have the time to get it fixed before then so looks like I am out. Bummer!!
Bob
St. Louis, MO
Club Member
Posted - 22 October 2013 14:8  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
What's a "Herky"? I want to meet up but Google thinks I'm searching for a jerky QT . . .
suzjeep
Bloomsdale, MO
Club Member
Posted - 22 October 2013 14:23  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Herculanium
Mr Moke
St Peters, MO
MWJT Director of Events
Posted - 22 October 2013 18:33  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Marvin if you want to do a ride along, I have room.

BLESSED ARE THE CRACKED FOR THEY ARE THE ONES WHO LET IN THE LIGHT!

ytee
Roxana, IL
Club Member
Posted - 22 October 2013 19:2  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Your not kicking the dog out are you Moke?
Peep
Columbia, IL
Club Member
Posted - 22 October 2013 20:1  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
Marvin you are always welcome in the green limo.

Edited by - Peep on 10/22/2013 8:02:13 PM

Forums | Trail Head | Fall Colors at Washita Oct 26 Post Reply Send Topic To a Friend
Topic is 7 Pages Long:    1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Click Here To Close Thread, Administrators & Moderators Only.

Show All Forums | Post Reply