Welcome to the Midwest Jeepthing

This website is home to the largest club of Jeep owners in the midwest. Feel free to browse the site and maybe even become a "FREE" online member so you can add your rig to our Member Rides section.

Sponsored By
Club Info Member Rides News Events Trail Guide Forums Sponsors My MWJT Logout HOME

Midwest Jeepthing Forums
Profile | Sign UP | Search | Guidelines & FAQs
Forums | Trail Head | Fall Colors at Washita Oct 26 Post Reply Send Topic To a Friend
Topic is 7 Pages Long:    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Author Topic
Burbanam
St. Peters, MO
Online Member
Posted - 22 October 2013 20:45  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
Anyone know roughly the time frame to make it to Bald Knob and back? Curious...:)
JaneS
Chesterfield, MO
MWJT Director of Events
Posted - 22 October 2013 21:43  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
Just so you know, Marvin, when Chewy has to sit in back, he gives the passenger dirty looks, but he's pretty easily bribed with cashews.
Mr Moke
St Peters, MO
MWJT Director of Events
Posted - 23 October 2013 7:27  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Burbanam,
The time it takes to get to Bald Knob is directly proportional to the number, and capability of your group. Also factored is the route taken. I have been there when we never made it that far. Took hard trails and had some breakage. Sometimes thats how it goes.
Made it up there in a little over a hour before. Just two of us making a beeline for the top using the easiest trails possible.

Burbanam
St. Peters, MO
Online Member
Posted - 23 October 2013 22:48  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
Thanks Mr. Moke - my husband and I have only been there once before and are very excited to make it back out to this beautiful place.
marvin
Fenton, MO
Club Member
Posted - 25 October 2013 19:23  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Thanks for the offer folks but just not meant to be. Got the ujoint fixed but the youngest also has a cheerleader competition that I had forgotten about. Looks like a beautiful day weather wise so all be safe and have a great day.
Cormaster
Kirkwood, MO
Club Member
Posted - 25 October 2013 21:12  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
I've never been to this place. Going to try and meet up with you guys in Herculaneum as well.
Lucky8
St. Louis, MO
Online Member
Posted - 26 October 2013 20:33  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Thanks to everyone who ran the event today. I am always glad to come and run with everyone. I got a few decent pictures and a couple of videos I will post up.

Chris

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0AaN2blq0btGzlg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9SXEWdYXRY&feature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfDYrhQ4wP0

kz
Fenton, MO
Club Member
Posted - 27 October 2013 11:18  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
It was a great day in the woods yesterday. I was too busy enjoying the trail and never noticed any "fall colors" popping out. Timing the fall colors is always a hit or miss.

Chris, thanks for posting my hill climb on youtube. I was having fun with the challenge and I'm glad other did too.

wiredawg_mg
Columbia, IL
Club Member
Posted - 27 October 2013 13:28  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Thanks to Troy for leading this crazy group around. Thanks to the rest of our crazy group for the laughs and great day.

Here are my shots from the day - PEEP

http://picasaweb.google.com/101117122043268233830/FallColors2013?authuser=0&feat=directlink

shotwell
Gerald, MO
Club Member
Posted - 27 October 2013 14:9  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
It was a great day met some new people,but never got names...I thinked I talke to Lucky8 at end of day.nice hanging with jeep people.
xj6in
Where hi-cap mags are legal and pot is not!!!, MO
Online Member
Posted - 27 October 2013 19:38  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
wiredawg_mg
Thanks for the great pictures and we had a blast wheeling with you guys/gals, and thanks everyone in the group for a great day... My passengers where getting tired so I figured it was better to cut out when we had the chance and not have to hear 2 females chewing on my ear at once... I hope that last hour or so went as well as the rest of the day..

Thanks Troy for leading the way (man I love that jeep of yours)...

xj6in
Where hi-cap mags are legal and pot is not!!!, MO
Online Member
Posted - 27 October 2013 20:29  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Here's some more pictures...

http://s111.photobucket.com/user/xj6in/library/Fall%20Color%20Run%202013?sort=2&page=1

ytee
Roxana, IL
Club Member
Posted - 27 October 2013 20:34  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Thanks for leading us Troy!! I am sure glad you volunteered. LOL
Troy352
Bloomsdale, MO
Club Member
Posted - 27 October 2013 21:43  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Thanks Dave, but it's JT's Jeep. I only drive it. Thanks to everyone yesterday. We had a blast! Also thanks to Ytee for volunteering to lead the next run.
BulletProof
Kingwood, TX
Club Member
Posted - 27 October 2013 23:37  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Great photos xj6in!
Forums | Trail Head | Fall Colors at Washita Oct 26 Post Reply Send Topic To a Friend
Topic is 7 Pages Long:    1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Click Here To Close Thread, Administrators & Moderators Only.

Show All Forums | Post Reply