Welcome to the Midwest Jeepthing

This website is home to the largest club of Jeep owners in the midwest. Feel free to browse the site and maybe even become a "FREE" online member so you can add your rig to our Member Rides section.

Sponsored By
Club Info Member Rides News Events Trail Guide Forums Sponsors My MWJT Logout HOME

Midwest Jeepthing Forums
Profile | Sign UP | Search | Guidelines & FAQs
Forums | Jeep Parts - Want To Buy | NEED JEEP ALTERNATORS Post Reply Send Topic To a Friend
Topic is 2 Pages Long:    1 2 
Author Topic
CROWEMOTORSPORTS
, MO
Online Member
Posted - 1 January 2011 22:27  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
I need a factory alternator(s) that will fit a 97 TJ 2.5L. I would prefer the larger amp alt. of the two. There are a large amount of years that use the same configuration and most of the 4.0 and 2.5 stuff interchanges. The XJ stuff typically is the same as well. I need at least one good one and I want a factory unit, not a parts store one.
314-565-7526
tjsandxjs
Winfield, MO
Online Member
Posted - 2 January 2011 6:22  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
Hey,
I have an a couple of alternators. One off of a '91 Comanche and the other off of a 2000 WJ. $50 each or $80 for both.
Devin
636-358-0839
Bounty Hunter

Honorary Lifetime,
Online Member
Posted - 2 January 2011 13:30  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
The 136a from Dodge vehicles is a good ugprade.
http://www.bc4x4.com/tech/2004/jeepalt/
CROWEMOTORSPORTS
, MO
Online Member
Posted - 2 January 2011 19:32  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
Do you know what amp alt the 91 is? Any idea how many miles may be on it?
I have no idea if the WJ is the same or not. Do you know if they interchange?
I need these as spares for the comp car so I want them to be direct replacement and I don't need any more output than the higher factory offering. We don't have a lot of electrical equipment but we will be running lights more often with night events this season.
tjsandxjs
Winfield, MO
Online Member
Posted - 3 January 2011 10:47  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
I'm totally not sure it was on there when i bought my Jeep. The 91 Jeep was wrecked at 160xxx. And as far as amp. I have no idea unless it says on the casing?
JeepinDude
Mt.sterling, IL
Online Member
Posted - 3 January 2011 18:53  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
I've got one from a 94 wrangler with a 2.5L. Worked just fine when I pulled motor. Little over 100,000 miles on the motor. $50 shipped to you.
CROWEMOTORSPORTS
, MO
Online Member
Posted - 3 January 2011 22:44  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
On a factory alt. the amps should be on the case. They have been on the ones I have had.
Where is Mt. Sterling?
JeepinDude
Mt.sterling, IL
Online Member
Posted - 4 January 2011 10:51  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Found these numbers on the alt. I'm in west central IL near Quincy IL, or 2.5 Hrs north of STL.

5600 5684
TN 121000-3440 12V
Family 75HS
Denso 70113

CROWEMOTORSPORTS
, MO
Online Member
Posted - 4 January 2011 20:14  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
I will check my notes on what we are running and get back to you. Thank you.
CROWEMOTORSPORTS
, MO
Online Member
Posted - 8 January 2011 23:12  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
Denso p/n: 5600 5684- 75 amp rated- 81 max
Denso p/n: 5600 5685- 90 amp rated- 117 max

I would like to hold out for the 5685 and find a couple of those but I will let you know on the one you have in a week or two (I am not asking you to hold it). If I take the 5684 you have, are you close enough to a parts store that could load test it and would you be willing to do that? I am willing to take your word if it tests good but I hate to find out it fails a load test after I get it.
Like I said, I am going to keep looking for a 5685 but I will stay in touch.
CROWEMOTORSPORTS
, MO
Online Member
Posted - 6 February 2011 9:19  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
Still looking for one or two of the 5685 Denso alternator
JN JEEP 2
Centralia, IL
Club Member
Posted - 8 February 2011 15:41  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
I have one. I have no idea of the condition of it, but I assume it works. No idea of mileage.

Right now it doesn't have a pulley, but it is probably around somewhere.

I was keeping it for a core if I ever needed to replace mine.

I'll do $50 shipped if you're interested.

There's a place nearby that rebuilds these things.

CROWEMOTORSPORTS
, MO
Online Member
Posted - 21 February 2011 22:49  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
not looking for junk ones- rebuilding them puts the cost into new and aftermarket stuff
I already have HO Prem Power Welder alternators sitting around but I need these for the comp car so I am after unmolested stock units.

I need functional, factory, non rebuilt units.
Competition has proven that the most reliable equipment is like new factory parts and when we load up on spares we make sure everything is identical so pit swaps are "no surprises" ,bolt on and go.

$50 is a plenty fair price for a takeout if it works and is complete (not going to argue that) but if I need to rebuild a $50 to $75 alt. and find a pulley for it I might as well buy new ones.

Bounty Hunter

Honorary Lifetime,
Online Member
Posted - 22 February 2011 10:1  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
I have a bunch of the 5684's ready to go.
CROWEMOTORSPORTS
, MO
Online Member
Posted - 22 February 2011 19:46  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
What do you want for them?
Bounty Hunter

Honorary Lifetime,
Online Member
Posted - 22 February 2011 20:35  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Not sure, whatever will make it worthwhile to have them tested and to meet up with you. How does $60 for two sound?
Forums | Jeep Parts - Want To Buy | NEED JEEP ALTERNATORS Post Reply Send Topic To a Friend
Topic is 2 Pages Long:    1 2

Click Here To Close Thread, Administrators & Moderators Only.

Show All Forums | Post Reply